Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Book Gift Guide For Every Fashion and Pop Culture-Loving Female in Your Life


I thought I'd post about a few books that I've read in the past year that were all fantastic, in case some of you were looking for Christmas gift ideas for your girlfriends ; ) Above: I have been a huge fan of Cindy Crawford's since I was in elementary school and I actually ran into her in a Malibu Starbucks a couple of years ago (read about what I told her here, scroll down to the 'Celebrity Sightings' section for my dork fest) so of course I dove right into the supermodel's coffee-table book Becoming which was full of modeling and life stories and pages upon pages of gorgeous photos of this fashion icon. I also loved Sophia Amaruso's #GIRLBOSS which was highly motivating and gave me the push I needed to take my styling business to the next level. Both enjoyable reads!

Such great career (and life advice) in these two books! Leave Your Mark and You are a Badass. Perfect for the girl on your list who wants to kick some butt in life ; )

I thoroughly enjoyed Creative Director of Vogue Magazine Grace Coddington's memoir as well as fashion designer Diane Von Furstenberg's. Any fashion fiend will love these. I love all types of memoirs and biographies, I've probably read over 100.

Mindy Kaling's book had me laughing out loud and Lena Dunham's made me love her even more. Suitable for anyone wanting a light read and more than a few giggles.

I couldn't put down Misty Copeland's Life In Motion (SO inspiring) or former Olympian Suzy Favor Hamilton's shocking biography. And neither will your friends!

My favorite fictional page-turners of the past year: Big Little Lies and Luckiest Girl Alive, I read these in less than 3 days. And I believe both of them are now being turned into movies which I can't wait to see. Perfect beach reads for the holidays if anyone is lucky enough to get away from the snow and the cold ; ).

What have you been reading (and loving) lately? Let me know! Also, this post is an oldie but a goodie (from 2010!) but it lists some other of my faves : ).

0 comments:

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)