Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blogger Sale


blouse - Nordstrom Rack, cropped pants - Rachel Roy from The Bay, heels - Aldo, jewelry - old (I can't remember)


I remember seeing these Rachel Roy fancy pants (and falling in love with them) at The Bay for $120 or $130 last fall. Flash forward to after Christmas during all the Boxing Week sales and I scored these suckers for $35! Not bad, not bad. I wore this outfit to our first Fashion Blogger Clothing Sale held at Phabrik Art & Design last Saturday. A bunch of Edmonton bloggers (Sandy from The Pretty Secrets, Alyssa from The Ordinary People, Vickie from Adventures In Fashion, Jenna from Smitten, Susanna from A Clean, Well-Lit Style Blog, Melanie from Born Lippy, Courtney from The Button Up Blog, Jenn from LUX Beauty Boutique and me!) got together and sold our gently-worn clothing to the public for discounted prices. We had a really good turn-out and it was a lot of fun hanging out with the girls (and Anton and Derek!) and meeting readers of our blogs, who were so sweet! We're hoping we can make this sale an annual event. If you came on Saturday, THANK YOU for shopping our closets and we hope you're enjoying your buys! Most of the items we didn't sell were donated to the iHuman Youth Society.

Here are some photos from Saturday:

All set up at Phabrik, which was the perfect space for an event like this!

Alyssa (right) from The Ordinary People and her friend Joy.

A few pairs of Courtney's gorgeous shoes she was selling.

New friends Melanie and Courtney (It was so nice meeting these two for the first time on Saturday!)

Susanna's AH-MAZING vintage pieces.

Vickie's clothing rack was a hit!

So I was able to do a little shopping myself and picked up these booties from The Ordinary People for $20 : ) HOW COULD I RESIST??
 




19 comments:

Unknown said...

SO sorry to hear your personal accounts of a tornado - turley saddens me!!!

btw this is a KICK ASS event you went too!

Courtney Erin said...

I'm so sorry I didn't make it out to this over the weekend - Saturday just totally got away from me! And those pants are crazy awesome...you got a killer deal.

Courtney - http://sartorialsidelines.com

Melanie Liliana said...

Love these pictures! SO nice to meet all of you too! I'm seriously in love with your pants.. as you know haha. We should definately do lunch in the near future! I'm pretty sure I'm in Edmonton this saturday for the weekend because David has a soccer game he's coaching but I'm not quite sure what the plans are! I'll keep you posted x

Shannon Rice said...

Gorgeous pants! Looks like a fun event.

Shannon
clothesandquotes.blogspot.com

JennaStevie said...

It was definitely a fun event, and always awesome to hang out with my blogging ladies. Great coverage Marie! And I love the booties you got
xJennaD

Unknown said...

gah!! Events like this really make me wish I live in (or even near) a city!! oh why oh why did I marry a hillbilly..haha (OK, slight exaggeration there)
I absolutely love those pants! I'm totally loving black and white outfits right now

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh I love those pants, such a great deal!! And that sounds like such a fun event, I don't think there are enough bloggers around here to do that, ha ha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

J. said...

Wish I could have gone to your event!!! Looks like a huge success and there was some great stuff and deals to be had! I loved your outfit that day! You looked HOT!
Fun post!
:) J.

Sarah said...

What a great outfit, those pants are stunning! xx

www.hausofsarahrachel.blogspot.com

Kate said...

You look so cute! I love this whole outfit, and those pants were an amazing score! Well done! ;) The blogger sale sounds so fun! I spy a few familiar faces in the crowd! Too cute!

FASHION TALES said...

This looks like it was loads of fun. I love those vintage pieces. Your outfit is gorgeous, my favourite are the printed trousers. /Madison L=:)

Couture Carrie said...

What fun, darling!
Love your look and your new boots!

xoxox,
CC

Catita said...

seems like my previous comment did not go through so once more: this looked like a fun event and I love your curls!
xoxo
Catita

Bernadeth G. said...

great post!! :)

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

Breakfast at Cindis said...

Gorgeous pants !!

xo,
Cindi
Breakfast at Cindi’s

sandryca said...

u look perfect ;)
wanna follow?

Vickie Laliotis said...

Looking good, lovely! And what a fun time — I love when we all get together! Let's do it more often please!

goodbadandfab said...

Love!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

www.goodbadandfab.com
personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

Unknown said...

Your pants are awesome!

the { cassiepaige }

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)