Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My All-Time Favorite Foundations at Every Price Point



I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite foundations with you all.

When I was younger all I used was MAC's Studio Fix, which was a powdered foundation that I loved (great all-day, long-lasting coverage) but since I'm no longer a spring chicken (!) I've switched to using liquid foundations because I find powders now seep into my fine lines and make me appear older than I am. (Most powders will do this.) Below are my favorites, at all different price points.

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - Retails between $8 and $10, depending on where you buy it. (I paid $7.99 last time because it was on sale at Superstore). I've purchased both the Matte + Poreless and also the Hydrate + Smooth foundation in #120 Classic Ivory, I love both options. It has light to medium coverage but is extremely build-able and doesn't cake. It's a great day-to-day foundation that is also hydrating so I use it throughout the week. It lasts about 8-10 hours I'd say. And you cannot go wrong with the price!

MAKE UP FOREVER HD High Definition Foundation - My shade is 140 (Soft beige.) A medium to full-coverage foundation, I find this liquid formula very smooth and creamy and looks AMAZING in photos and on film. This is the original MUFE HD Foundation but it has now been reformulated to the new MUFE Ultra HD Foundation which I haven't tried yet since I still have some of the original left. The price is high at $50.00 Canadian so I only use it when I'm going to be photographed, not every day.

REVLON ColorStay Foundation - I use the Normal/Dry Skin formula in 220 Natural Beige. This is a full-coverage foundation and yes, it lasts 24 hours and won't rub off. Looks great from afar but make sure you use it sparingly under the eyes because it can seep into fine lines. It's difficult to get off so you really have to make sure you use makeup wipes before cleansing the skin. I use this when I'm going out at night and want long-lasting wear and ultimate coverage. Cost: Around $15.00.

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation - I use NC20. This is a medium coverage foundation that lasts about 15 hours, so not as long as the REVLON ColorStay but it gives a satin finish and I find if I build it and blend this comes off more of a full-coverage foundation and gives me a healthy glow. It retails in Canada for $39.50.

And there you have it - these are my faves : ) What is your favorite foundation? Please let me know in the comment section below!

6 comments:

Kate said...

The Maybelline Fit Me foundation is awesome! I just discovered it about 6 months ago and have been using it ever since! It actually covers my redness from rosacea so has been a real life changer! Love it!

Marie a la Mode said...

Kate: Isn't it fantastic?! So glad it works for you xo

skepptic said...

Hi Marie! Do you use a primer? I can't decide whether it is a waste of time and money...?

Marie a la Mode said...

Hi! Yes I do, I use MAC strobe cream. I think primers are definitely worth it. And you don't need an expensive one either, there's an NYX one you can get in a drugstore that I've tried that works really well.

Marie a la Mode said...

Hi! Yes I do, I use MAC strobe cream. I think primers are definitely worth it. And you don't need an expensive one either, there's an NYX one you can get in a drugstore that I've tried that works really well.

Unknown said...

Impressive post. Thanks for sharing.

Buy Ceiling Cloth Dryer Online | homeutility Bathroom Accessories

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)