Monday, October 19, 2015

Older But Wiser

I turned 35 this past weekend. Usually I wouldn't talk about how old I am on the blog, you may have heard the saying, "A true lady never reveals her age?"

But I'm damn proud I'm 35. I am so much more confident and wiser in my thirties than I was in my twenties and I'm grateful for where I am in my life, for the great family and friends I'm surrounded by, for a loving husband, a baby on the way, a healthy and able body and what I've learned over the past 35 years. Aging isn't a right, it's a privilege and although my face and body don't look the same as when I was 25 (hello wrinkles and cellulite), I'm okay with that. Well, sort of. I'm learning to accept the aging process, slowly ; ). I'm a work in progress! But most importantly I'm alive and that's something! : ).




Wearing: jacket - Zara (old), top and jeans - Motherhood Maternity, boots - Franco Sarto, 
scarf - White House Black Market (in the states), bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hobo
 (a bday gift from my sweet sister-in-law!), ring - Simons

I wore this out to dinner last night to celebrate my birthday with the hubby. I love how a leopard print scarf can add some pizazz to an otherwise ordinary outfit.

Have a great week!

xo

6 comments:

Roots Out West said...

Happy belated birthday! I celebrated my birthday yesterday!

Closet Fashionista said...

Happy Belated!!!! You definitely don't look 35, but I was never good at guessing peoples ages ;)
Loving the outfit, perfect for a low-key celebration :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Unknown said...

I love your words here :) I'm turing 30 in February, a couple years ago the thought of 30 was terrifying, but now I catch myself "bragging" that I'm almost 30! Ageing is like a badge of honour, and I'm quite happy with what I've accomplished in my 29years...and I have a feeling things will keep getting better with age!
You are looking amazing! Congratulations on the growing alien, kiddo's are so much fun...some days I think I'm going a little crazy with my 3...and others I'm like "lets have 3 more!!" haha
Happy belated Birthday!!

Marie a la Mode said...

Natasha: Exactly! Aging is like a badge of honor, I totally agree! And you should be so proud what you've accomplished before turning 30, including giving birth to 3 beautiful babes! Thank you for the birthday wishes! xo

Courtney Erin said...

Happy belated birthday! And I totally agree with you (and not just because I also turned 35 this year) - I've really come to embrace it.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe said...

You look absolutely amazing and that little bump makes you even more gorgeous! Cheers to embracing our age and all that comes with it. I hope you had a lovely birthday!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)