Saturday, April 2, 2011

WCFW: Day 7 & 8 The Collections

 Day 7: Vickie, Kaila, Andrew, moi and Janis

Doggy Style

Gorgeous and elegant dresses from Dionne Dionne by Anya Getzlaf from Calgary

Models from Numa in Dionne Dionne. I love the hand painted designs on her garments.

Mode Models in Malorie Urbanovitch. I was so impressed with her show this season.

My favorite piece of her collection was the knitted coat on the right with the ruffles on the shoulders. So cute!

I was drooling over the color palette of mustard yellows, greens, purples and neutrals.

Luxx by Derek Jagodzinsky. I loved the bright, vibrant prints juxtaposed with his black pieces.


 Kelly Madden F/W 2011. We saw lace, fringe, sparkle, knits, fur and velvet on the runway.  I loved everything I saw. "It's a lot softer than what I have done in the past, but still has that glam feel to it," Kelly Madden said of her collection.









Day 8: The lovely Kendall, who writes the blog City and Dale and I before the last show of the week!

Makeup Artists Jasmine and Stephanie. Jasmine is also the lead singer in the band Dreamface.

Sofiss by Edmonton designer Joanna Wala. I need these dresses in my life! I think every woman does!

Jessica Halibi. Such a talented designer. Her whole collection was stunning. 

The cut and fit of the dress on the right is perfect. (Need that one in my life, too!)

Emogene Couture from Calgary. Beautiful textured fabric with vintage detailing. I loved the peacock feathers.

Serendipity by Kelsey McIntyre. Yet another talented local designer. Her attention to detail is amazing!

The majority of the models carried props, including bird cages, down the runway.

Joeffer Caoc presented by My Filosophy. Lots of stripes and everyday wearable pieces.

My new blogger family at the end of the last show on the last night of Fashion Week. WCFW was such an amazing experience to be a part of and I was so happy for the opportunity to cover it! I didn't know how much talent we had in Edmonton and I'm excited our fashion community is growing at a steady pace and people are supporting local designers. Designer Kelly Madden is happy about that as well. "More and more people are becoming aware that fashion week exists and that there are talented designers in this city", says Madden, "I am finding that more people want to support independent designers and their own community. In the last 3 to 4 years since I have been in business I can definitely see the change in peoples opinions and ideals towards fashion and indie labels. Which is great. We need all the support we can get!"






Follow me on Twitter 

13 comments:

AnNeTtEe said...

lookin great Marie!! I love how you styled your hair with a bun on the first picture...

btw, this looks like fun!!

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh loving these looks! And I love your outfit too :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Vickie Laliotis said...

I'm so sad after seeing that last pic of us all... I miss our little blog family!!! It all seems so surreal now that it's over and that the four of us won't have our nightly hang sessions anymore... :(

Tracy D said...

Love the Kelly Madden purple coat & that nude dress you crave as well!

Dress Me Dearly said...

Great post!! I can't believe it's all over!

Catita said...

you are so lucky to be there! and that doggy is adorable!

J. said...

Love your "day 7 outfit" Love the bring pink lipstick and the print top with pencil skirt!
More great runway shots Marie!!
What amazing designs!
Thank you for sharing your experience-your coverage was great!!!
:) J

Heather said...

I love the short dresses! so jealous of you :P

Kastles said...

Aww you guys are so cute! I am sad I couldn't come to all the shows. Next time! Hope you got some rest this weekend :)
<3 Kastles

bananas. said...

you and your friends are gorgeous!!!

love all your photos! kinda wish i was there too!

ale said...

i love you hair color, it's so shiny and light,can you please tell me what color uses your hairdresser on your hair ?

Ashleigh said...

Wow. I am loving the Jessica Halibi peices, the dip dye dress is to die for!

Kelly said...

Love that hand painted dress - so beautiful!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)